English Touring Opera present the third in the company’s stagings of Bach’s masterpieces. This will be the Passion according to St Matthew - easily Bach’s most dramatic work - in a way you have never seen it. It tells in music the story of a trial, death by crucifixion, and transformation, told by witnesses whose lives have been transformed.
ETO’s extraordinary soloists will perform from memory, along with the much praised period instrument orchestra the Old Street Band, and with up to 30 different regional choirs from across the country. Charismatic conductor Jonathan Peter Kenny leads the performance, which will involve a simple, heartfelt staging.
- Jonathan Peter Kenny
- Sung in German
LOG IN TO WIN TICKETS
AND GAIN EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO:
- Cast interviews and behind-the-scenes videos
- Rehearsal and production image galleries
- Full casting details and synopsis for each production
- Member-only blogs and updates
- Chance to win a pair of tickets to your chosen ETO show